Homeschrewling

Our DIY Adventures in Homeschooling & Homebrewing

Thursday, February 08, 2007

First Step: Admitting You Have a Problem

Hi. My name is Headmistress. [“Hi, Headmistress.”] And, um….uh….[sigh]…I’m a long-commenter. I don’t really know how it all started. I mean, I don’t think I’ve always been one. I don’t know; maybe I have always been one. Well, I know before I got my own blog, I’d go hang out at Architecture & Morality and comment with Relievedebtor, but I seemed to handle commenting in moderation. I mean, there might’ve been a few times I went over my limit, but I didn’t think I had a real problem. But ever since I got my own blog, I’ve noticed that sometimes I’ve really gone overboard…way overboard.

I’m beginning to get the impression that my problem is keeping others away from commenting with me. Sometimes I try to limit my commenting, and occasionally with great success. I usually don’t have a problem commenting in moderation over at Tony’s blog. But here at my own blog, now and then, I just can’t seem to stop. I’ll tell myself, “Okay—that’s enough. Stop here.” And then I’ll think of something else, and before you know it…well, you know what I mean.

But, at least I’m admitting that I have a problem, and I guess that’s an important first step. I want to change; I really do. But I know it won’t happen overnight. [Hang head; big sigh.] Thank you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Uh...ummm..Hi, uh, Headmistress...my name is uh (staring at feet) Tony...

I'm also a long commenter.

THERE!

I SAID IT! WHEW!

I feel so much better now. Thanks.

I also tend to ramble. Hence my blog name. Do you know anybody else that rambles? They can be really annoying,especially when they just go ON AND ON AND ON. And they do not talk about anything.

No scope, no sequence, just one continual run-on sentence that has no subject, no predicate, no real action verbs, no coherent though at all. Do you know anybody like that?

I know a lot of folks like that. Girls and guys. It doesn't tend to be gender-specific, just on and on, without any real direction. Wow.

They're are old and young ramblers, Methodist, Presbyterian, and man, don't even get me started on Baptists. Ramblers that work, ramblers that don't, ramblers who love one another, ramblers with financial problems, ramblers with marital troubles. I'm just thinking off the top of my head here, but do you think that most people ramble at some point or another?

The world would be so much better without ramblers, and especially long commenters. It really aggravates me when somebody comments on a blog and they have nothing to say, no point to prove, no argument to present, no rebuttal. Just blah, blah, blah, like the blog administrator has all the time in the world to sit and read stupid comments.

I mean, I got mouths to feed, food to put on the table, ya know?

Those kind of commenters really have their priorities out of whack and somebody needs to do something about it. Possibly I will send to Blogger a "Blogger's Manifesto" or something or quite possibly some rules of engagement.

And stop all the annoying, rambling, reprehensibly long commenting.

Do you know what I mean?

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, brother...I feel much better now knowing I'm not alone in this world. I know if we can read enough self-help books and find peace with our inner spirit, maybe watch a lot of Oprah or Joel Osteen and find the champion in ourselves, we can get through this.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home