Homeschrewling

Our DIY Adventures in Homeschooling & Homebrewing

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Just write something, for crying outloud!


Last week I had about four things I wanted to blog about every single day but absolutely no time to do it. This time I've sat down and started something twice, but chucked it each time....so it goes, I guess. Instead of a real post, here's a familial update and a picture with Sam in it since his grandma is concerned about him getting equal time on the blog with his brothers (even though Tommy is in the background; so much for keeping it even)!
Danny (who isn't pictured this time) cut his first tooth last week and is working on #2 this week. He seems to be doing much better with it this week. That first one always seems to be a real doozy with my boys. He turned 7 months last Friday, so he's two months behind the others with the teeth. However, this nursing mama is certainly not complaining. (TMI?)

On a health note, I finished my first vile (silver) today for my allergy shots. Have I mentioned this yet on the blog? Maybe not. Well, back in December, I got tired of my MD prescribing me antibiotics for my sinus headaches, so I saw an allergist to get tested...probably something I should've done ages ago. Long story short, I'm starting to feel much better--most likely a combination of the shots and my husband understanding my complaints and volunteering to dust and vacuum several times a week until the shots kick in. I notice the day after I get one a change for the better, and the day before I am to get one (I get them once a week for now; every other week by this summer, barring any serious reactions) I start feeling my old "normal" self. I didn't expect so much improvement this soon, so I'm optimistic that they will help tremendously with my overall health. The allergist said I'll be utterly impressed with how much better I'll feel and said he will really have a hard time peeling me off the shots in a few years. I can only imagine how much money these allergists must make...see a patient once or twice, make a good impression, then have them drop in for a shot every other week for the next five years or so. If Brewmaster didn't already have plans for me to go to pharmacy school when the boys are out of the house, I think I'd consider becoming an allergist for my empty-nest years!

I'd also like to comment on my husband's end of the blog...the "rew" of Homeschrewling. I'm glad he finally gave a home brewing update. His first batch was a lot of fun...the first couple tries had him very worried that it didn't turn out (no carbonation), but after learning a little patience we found out just how good his first batch was. Sad to say we wasted too many beers the first couple weeks trying it--a mistake we won't make this next time. I really enjoy watching him stand in the kitchen for so many hours at one time, especially if the end product turns out as well as that first batch. The one thing I've learned from home brewing is that when a batch is gone, the wait for the next one seems to last forever!

That oughta wrap up my update. I have strict orders to practice good sleep hygiene (no, that has nothing to do with being clean--just go to bed at a decent hour and get up at the same time everyday), so it's time sign off. This sleep hygiene stuff is sure bad for my blog output, but my body thanks me for it.
Have a great weekend y'all...oh, and wish Brewmaster a Happy Birthday this Sunday if you run into him!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for satisfying this grandma with a picture of Sam! Seeing the boys and hearing about Danny's tooth makes me homesick to see all of you. I don't think we can make it this weekend, but perhaps next weekend to help celebrate Grandpa Box's birthday? I'll be in touch! Love, Grandma (Mom) Box

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home