Homeschrewling

Our DIY Adventures in Homeschooling & Homebrewing

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Return of the Blogger


















Top left: Jeremy digging out Old Blue to get off the street before the plows come; if I had high-speed internet, I'd attempt to post the video of him trying to move that old truck in the snow before he started digging! Top right: Jeremy and Tommy on the back of our beloved pickup; the storm put the snow on the back, not us. (FYI: my husband is a veteran, not a hunter...if only Uncle Sam could give everyone nice Gortex for days like these!) Bottom left: Tommy and Sammy freezing their you-know-whats off posing for their bossy mom. Bottom right: Veiw from the street right in front of our house; Jeremy's official totals--14 1/2" in street, 15 1/2" on driveway, 18" in yard.
It’s been such a long time….a line from one of my all-time favorite tunes from one of my all-time favorite bands, Boston (appropriately titled Long Time), that’s running through my head now. As many of you know, I have health issues and one thing that has been plaguing me recently is some pretty bad headaches. So, the genius that he is, my husband questions whether they could’ve come on from the increased time I’ve been spending at the computer (i.e. blogging), and suggested I cut back. I have a hard time doing anything in moderation, so I cut it out completely for about four weeks. They got worse; so much for that theory. So I’m back to the blog.

Last week, we here in mid-Missouri ushered in the new month with a bang…literally. We had what meteorologists call “thunder snow”, which woke Jeremy up in the middle of the night fearing that our chimney had fallen down. When we went to bed last Thursday night, there were maybe two inches of sleet and snow in the grass and less on the roads; when we awoke at 6:am the next morning, the skies were clear with over 15 inches on the ground. In our neck of the woods, we get our share of wintry weather now and then, but these kinds of storms don’t come around that often. So naturally a small photo gallery will be attached to this post.

The boys were very anxious to get out in the snow that Friday, but once out there they weren’t quite sure what to do. They couldn’t walk in it, so Sam just crawled around, lapping the snow up like a dog as he made his way through. He was so amazed that you could eat this stuff! Tommy was pretty scared to go into it himself. He ventured a few times but usually started making a fuss, wanting help back to the shoveled-out driveway. The snow was too dry to make snowballs and snowmen, but this week it should be better for packing. By the way…do you know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? (Hint: It’s one of the things in the aforementioned sentence that you can’t make with dry snow.)

It's been such a long time
I think I should be goin, yeah
And time doesn't wait for me,
it keeps on rollin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home