Homeschrewling

Our DIY Adventures in Homeschooling & Homebrewing

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Where Have I Been?

I’ve been too busy to write these days, mainly because any time I’m online I’m reading other homeschoolers’ blogs…like the ones listed to the left, as well as some others that are good but not worth cluttering up the “Links” column over there. I’m amazed at some of the wonderful Christian writing I’ve found and the sheer volume of information that other homeschoolers put on their blog so I don’t have to search for it myself. So I highly recommend the homeschooling links I’ve posted to check out daily, and if I ever come across something I find interesting that they aren’t talking about, I’ll try to post it when I can. Like this:

According to the Home School Legal defense Association, homeschool graduates are active and involved in their communities. In the survey, "Homeschooling Grows Up," 88 percent of homeschool graduates surveyed were members of organizations-community, church or homeschool groups or a professional organization-compared to only 50 percent of U.S. adults. The survey also said 71 percent of homeschool graduates participate in an ongoing service activity-such as volunteering at a school, church, neighborhood association or coaching a sports-compared to only 37 percent of U.S. adults of similar ages.


You can go here for the rest of the article I was alerted to by the HSLDA, but I thought this particular paragraph says a lot regarding the argument that homeschoolers are or become isolated from the rest of the world.

And as promised (but not always fulfilled!), here is a picture of some pretty sweet boys. Tommy likes to lay on our bed and hold Danny a lot, but this particular time I think he wanted to wrestle with him. I talked him out of wrestling and encouraged cuddling instead. I’m not ready for Danny to take part in the “jump on Daddy” games just yet!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this picture of our grandons! I miss them so much! Hope we can make it up this weekend! Love, Mom Box

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home