Homeschrewling

Our DIY Adventures in Homeschooling & Homebrewing

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Tag...I'm It

Blogging buddy Tony at Rambling Prophet has four daughters (so far!), so I definitely want to stay on his good side and answer the "tag" questions he put over on his blog...just in case he's footin' the bill for a wedding (or three) someday...

1. What's the most fun work you've ever done, and why?
Definitely playing piano duets with a very old dear friend, Jack Kinder, when I was in high school. He couldn't read a lick of music, but he certainly didn't need to. He was (only!) 64 years older than me, but he always said he'd wait for me!
2) A. Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did? (one sentence max)
Play organ—our present church has no organ.

B. Name one thing you’ve always wanted to do but keep putting it off? (one sentence max)

Get in shape (duh).

3) A. What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why? (two sentences max)

Gardening and canning—because it’s something I grew up with and feel the need to do.

B. If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn? (two more sentences, max)

That’s easy: Bach…not only would I love to hear and learn from the master himself, but I’d really love to watch someone with that much faith AND genius compose.

4) A. What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you?

Practical, patient (so my husband says), perceptive

B. Now list two more words you wish described you…

Energetic, romantic

5) What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causes– three sentences max)

Faith, family & music

6) Write–and answer–one more question that YOU would ask someone (with answer in three sentences max)

Q: If you ran for political office, what would be your number one campaign issue? A: Tax breaks for homebrewers and homeschoolers!

[Bonus: What is one question you wish people would ask themselves?]

Is it really that important for me to spend money on little crap in my house that just collects dust and I can’t take with me when I die anyway?


By the way, if you've never ventured to Tony's blog before it's definitely worth the visit...and put in a good word for my boys while you're there!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

HM,

Thanks for playing...I felt like you might be game! These are great answers. A lot of your passions are similar to ours, especially piano, gardening, and canning. We put up about 45 quarts of string beans last year! Plus plenty of butter beans, corn, and purple hull peas (black-eyed peas); I'm a SC boy transplanted to southern VA, and they don't know what a black-eyed pea is!

Oh, and btw, pickled squash...don't even try it. Blleecccthhh! Nasty, a waste of jars!

If you didn't know, my wife and I are expecting # five (don't know gender yet) so you and BM need to get busy; I don't want any old spinsters in my house!!!

;-)

Tony

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Tony! You're the first person I've met who has canned black-eyed-peas...must be a Southern thing! Yeah, here in MO, we don't eat many of those, although I know folks in the Bootheel eat them for New Year's (along with pork jowl and cabbage, I believe). My upbringing was around German-Lutheran farmers, so not only were there many canned beans, beets and pickles, but LOTS of saurkraut. And, of course, that pickled cow's tongue that my grandpa never understood us refusing to try!

Btw, have you tried dill beans? My sister has perfected those...you use the wax beans, not green. They're pretty good.

And yeah, I read that #5 was on the way--CONGRATULATIONS! But, sad to say, those three 9-pounders that came out of my little body (all C-sections) did quite a number on me. Guess we'll have to start our adoption fund to keep up with y'all!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home