Homeschrewling

Our DIY Adventures in Homeschooling & Homebrewing

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

DailyLit

Ever wish you would've read more of the classics in school, or actually pay attention to the ones you did read? Ever tell yourself you're going to start reading the classics but never get around to it? I recently came across a new website via Why Homeschool called DailyLit. Here you can sign up to receive free emails of classic literary works and read them straight from your email account. They send short bits at a time--about five minutes worth--and give you the option of selecting the next bit if time allows. You can find works by category, author and title. I haven't signed up for one to read yet, but plan to do so soon. I'll wait to see if anyone would like to do one together with me. I think for my first one, I'd like to read Thomas Payne's Common Sense, which is only 24 installments. If anyone would like to join me, let me know!

5 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I think that's a great idea. In fact Danny and I read the first installment of "Pride and Prejudice" the other night when you were at the neighbors...with the accent and all!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Adjunct Jenny said...

I'm watching the movie tonight--much easier (my accent stinks).

5:27 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I can't comment any further on the subject...I've already risked my "manhood" enough by my admission above.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a great movie, definitely a top 10 for me. Of course since I'm a woman, you'd expect that right? It's not like I'm a guy or anything.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love for everyone to hear BM's "British" accent sometime....it will usually include a "y'all" in there somewhere, and almost always ends in "ya, you betcha!"

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home