Homeschrewling

Our DIY Adventures in Homeschooling & Homebrewing

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Three Rs: Rested, Recharged, Ready!

I took a very long break from blogging late spring into mid-summer for several reasons (and not just a break from posting on my own blog, but from reading others as well). For one, the weather was too nice to be indoors anymore than necessary. Another reason was I was spending too much time on the computer and needed to cut way back so I could discipline myself more easily when coming back to the blogosphere (which I always intended to do). But probably the biggest reason was to just take a much needed rest from all the thoughts and ideas floating around inside my overcrowded brain…thoughts about homeschooling, education, today’s culture, politics, religion, heath issues…you name it, I was probably thinking about it.

I never put nearly as much time and effort into posting on my own blog as I did reading and commenting on other blogs; I love being able to check in on what everyone else is writing about and read the resulting conversations. But not being an intellectual person myself, I began suffering from “information overload”.

Taking that break from the blogosphere and the World Wide Web gave me a chance to rest in the knowledge that, as helpful as all that information can be, it’s useless if I allow it to consume me and let it drive my actions and motives for the choices I make in this homeschooling endeavor. It made me forget Who led me to the idea of homeschooling, Who wrestled me to agree to homeschool, Who encouraged me in my abilities to homeschool, and Who is continually strengthening me to homeschool (the capital Ws should give it away).

My rest has recharged me and made me ready to take on this awesome task, and reminded me to seek first the Kingdom and let all those other things be added unto me (Matt. 6:33).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home