Homeschrewling

Our DIY Adventures in Homeschooling & Homebrewing

Friday, October 06, 2006

First Batch

As with everything in this world, there's always a beginning. This adventure in Homebrewing our own beer has just begun. If any of you are veteran homebrewers, I'm sure you'll scoff at us blogging something we've never done before, but the way I see it, what better way to start something than with a blog to chronicle our experiences.

With that said, here's a little info on the first batch we're going to brew. I'm an ale drinker, have been ever since I graduated from college, got a job and could afford something more than Keystone Light. My all time favorites are Bass & Newcastle, so of course our first batch will be an English Amber Ale.
I'm taking the easy way out to start off, I'm using a liquid malt extract (see ingredients below). And the equipment I'm using should take all the guessing out of the equation. But we hope to have the first batch ready for consumption by Thanksgiving. And to those of you on our Christmas list, you can expect a six pack in your stocking this year!
First Batch Ingredients
6 pounds of Amber malt extract, 2 pounds of Minnesota Clover Honey, Crystal Malt, Chocolate Malt, Northern Brewer bittering hops, Williamette aroma hops, 1 tsp. Gypsum, 1 tsp. Irish Moss, White Labs British Ale 005 pitchable tube yeast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home